Epic Brewing Company is hiring a full time Packaging Manager. The Packaging Manager is responsible for overseeing the packaging of beer in cans, bottles and kegsthoroughmanaging resources, production/QA&QC data, equipment as well as the packaging and cellar team in the department’s day-to-day operations and logistics. This position is responsible for the refinement and implementation of processes, projects, and training efforts that drive improvements in packaging operations.
The Packaging Supervisor has direct responsibility for the followingduties:
- Manage,support and achievethe company’s objectivesbymeetingproduction deadlinesfor quality packaged beer with efficient order fulfillment.
- Assure all finished goods meet several quality control parameters including but not limited to: flavor profiles, 02 levels, CO2 levels, bacterial and/or yeast counts (working closely with the QA/QC department), seam and package integrity, individual item/case and pallet coding,and other parameters.
- Gain an expert level of knowledge with the britebeer and packaging equipment, including itsmaintenance, sanitation and the related processes.
- Manage multiple shifts with changing seasonal demands and package types.
- Actively manage teams by being present during packaging runs and develop strong and reliable lead staff to ensure successes in the packaging department.
- Developimprovements that deliver consistent and repeatable line start-up, run,and breakdown processes and reduce beer and raw material loss.
- Research and recommend improvements and investments for packaging processcontrol, equipment, efficiency and sanitary procedures.
- Work within tight budgets.
The overall nature of the position requires physical exertion. There is frequent exposure to extreme cold, extreme heat, temperature changes, industrial noises, and wet conditions.
- Must have and least 5 years of brewery production experienceor equivalent
- Technical experience with packaging equipment or similar packaging systems
- We operate a wild goose canning line and Meheen bottling line
- 3+ years of strong leadership experience
- Demonstrated problem solving/analytical ability
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment
- Highly effective and resourceful with a ‘get-it-done, can-do’ attitude
- Able to impact and effect positive change with a flexible, open-minded, positive approach