Epic Brewing Company is seeking an Operations Manager to work at either its Denver or Salt Lake City location. This position works under the guidance and supervision of ownership and the management team, and works closely with production supervisors (brewing, cellars and packaging), warehouse personnel, sales and administration support. The role requires engagement with personnel across all Epic Brewing Company’s locations, which currently includes breweries in Denver, Salt Lake City, and Santa Barbara.
Key Responsibilities for the position include:
- A strong emphasis on helping production meet demand through the logistics of material resource planning, focusing on both the 12-week production plan, as well as long-term forecasts.
- Analyze inventory on hand and production schedules to direct the purchase and transfer of raw materials across all company warehouses and breweries.
- Review purchase contracts.
- Responsible for part, vendor, product and bill of material setup and maintenance.
- Supervise a team of data entry administrators to ensure data is received, processed accurately and entered within company established timelines.
- Organize and oversee warehouse inventory counts of finished goods, supplies and raw materials.
- Oversee outbound, inbound and intracompany freight for all breweries, including temperature controlled and dry LTL and FTL shipments.
- Manage a team of Warehouse supervisors to ensure warehouse operations run efficiently and safely, shipping and receiving are completed timely and accurately, and all necessary materials are on hand to meet the production plan.
- Liaise between sales, warehouse and production departments to ensure orders are fulfilled accurately, to customer specifications, and with a short turnaround time.
- Manage aging inventory, including flagging out of code product and overseeing product destruction that is compliant with all State and Federal laws.
- Work with the technical brewing team to analyze the production plan and help identify potential problems, create solutions, and opportunities for increased efficiency and productivity.
- In conjunction with the Director of Brewing Operations, work with production and warehouse supervisors to identify needs and continuously improve areas of inefficiency.
- Work with City, State and Federal agencies to ensure continued compliance with all applicable laws, especially TTB, Salt Lake City Pretreatment, the Utah Health Department, Utah Department of Agriculture, and state Departments of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
- Work with accounting to create, monitor and manage the allocation of labor and overhead costs across the production process.
- Build costing models, including information related to cost of goods, production methods and times, and labor, to help evaluate the financial success of new and existing brand/package offerings.
- Help identify missed opportunities for asset utilization and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Help maintain and improve the continuous flow of information between all breweries.
- Take part in weekly administrative team meetings, production meeting and brand development meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 5 years of management experience.
- Familiarity with manufacturing (brewing, beverage) operations.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required, with a strong knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft Access a plus.
- Experience with Fishbowl Inventory a plus.
DOE. Vacation. Health Care.