Epic Brewing is seeking a new member to our barrel aging program to work in our Denver, CO production facility. Cask team members are responsible for monitoring, recording, and understanding special projects. These requirements consist of emptying and filling casks, tasting though programs, adjusting timelines, keeping an accurate inventory, and contributing to new ideas. Individuals must have a passion for making world class beer, strong work ethic, great attention to detail, good communication skills, and must understand and adhere to clean work practices.
Job duties include:
- Assisting in the handling, filling, and evacuating of barrel aged beer.
- Frequent tastings to judge flavor profiles and to assess project timelines.
- Keep a consistent and accurate cask inventory.
- Assist in creation of new projects and blends.
- Recording fermentation gravities, temperature, and acidity.
- Understand and carry out proper yeast/bacteria management and handling.
- Fruiting of casks and foeders.
- Proper cleaning and maintenance of casks and foeders.
- Invent and execute firkins bi-weekly.
- Maintain an orderly and safe work environment in department as well as entire facility.
- Participate in QA/QC sensory analysis.
- Good departmental and interdepartmental communication.
- Work safely with strong and often hazardous chemicals.
- Heavy physical work (bending, kneeling, pulling hoses, lifting casks, etc.).
- Work continuously on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- Must have an articulated palate.
- Must be able to taste multiple samples daily without interrupting other tasks.
- Previous cellar experience is required, at least 1 year.
- Good mechanical skills.
- A full understanding of cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Must be able to work varying hours depending upon production schedule.
- A positive attitude in a demanding and repetitive production environment.
- Strong orientation towards quality control and safety.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities while focusing on detail.
- Strong communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Able to stand on feet all day.
- Ability to lift over 100 lbs.