Epic Brewing is seeking a cellar team member to work in our production facility in Denver, CO. Cellar team members are responsible for monitoring, recording, and understanding day to day fermentation processes. These requirements consist of yeast management, dry-hopping, fermenter CIPs, transfers, carbonating beer, and assisting with barrel management. Individuals must have a passion for making world class beer, strong work ethic, great attention to detail, good communication skills, and must understand and adhere to clean work practices.
Job duties include:
- Recording fermentation gravities, temperature, and activity daily.
- Understand and carry out proper yeast management and handling.
- Dry hopping.
- Maintain an orderly and safe work environment in department as well as entire facility.
- Report to head of cellars and cellar lead.
- Participate in QA/QC sensory analysis.
- Good departmental and interdepartmental communication.
- Work with strong and often hazardous chemicals.
- Heavy physical work (bending, kneeling, pulling hoses, etc.).
- Work continuously on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- Assisting in the handling, filling, and evacuating of barrel aged beer.
- Transfer beer from fermenter to brite tank.
- Previous cellar and DE filtration experience is preferred.
- Good mechanical skills.
- A full understanding of cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Must be able to work varying hours depending upon production schedule.
- A positive attitude in a demanding and repetitive production environment.
- Strong orientation towards quality control and safety.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities while focusing on detail.
- Strong communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Able to stand on feet all day.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs.